On June 24 2023 00:07:10 UTC, the Tezos blockchain successfully activated the Nairobi protocol upgrade at block #3,760,129.
This 14th upgrade was jointly developed by Nomadic Labs, Marigold, TriliTech, Oxhead Alpha, Tarides, DaiLambda, and Functori.
Included in Nairobi:
- An up to 8x increase in TPS for transactions, smart contract calls, Smart Rollup maintenance operations, and other manager operations, thanks to an improved gas model for cryptographic signatures.
- New functionality for Smart Rollups, including new host functions and new internal Layer 2 messages allowing rollup kernels to sync with Tezos protocol upgrades.
- Renaming endorsements to attestations.
- Faster propagation of pre-attestations to reach consensus earlier.
For more details, see the Nairobi announcement post. A deeper technical description can be found in the protocol proposal’s technical documentation, and a complete list of changes is provided in Nairobi’s changelog.
TezDev is back in Paris on July 21 for a full day of innovation and collaboration, bringing together voices from across the ecosystem. Join us to connect with a thriving community, get inspired, and learn from experts on the latest and most exciting developments on the Tezos blockchain!
This year’s focus is the #RiseofRollups, with experts from Nomadic Labs, Marigold, Trilitech, and Tezos Commons charting the course for Layer 2 scaling on Tezos.
Key speakers include:
- Arthur Breitman, co-founder of Tezos.
- Martin Lynge, VP of Gaming for Misfits Gaming and Block Born.
- Vlad Horilyi, COO of Madfish Solutions.
- Jean Schmitt, Lead Backend Developer at Ubisoft.
In keynote speeches, Nomadic Labs’ Hadrien Zerah will cover adoption strategies and value creation, and Tezos co-founder Arthur Breitman will present an ambitious vision for the future of rollups on Tezos.
Throughout the day there will be workshops covering data-availability solutions, how to develop Smart Rollup kernels, and the upcoming EVM support on Tezos.
Additionally, panel sessions will unpack DeFi success stories on Tezos, review the state of Layer 2s in 2023, and discuss universal interoperability.
… and, of course, there will be lots of networking opportunities in the beautiful surroundings of La Fabrique Événementielle in the heart of Paris.
to secure your spot. Use promo code
Tez0sEarLy1 to get a €15
discount on your ticket. Early bird offer ends on June 30 so act now!
We look forward to seeing you!